The Art of Shooting, Inc. 2016
Day 1: Pistol Basics*
Firearm safety; 2 hours Classroom *
a. 4 basic firearm handling safety rules
b. Home storage
c. Vehicle storage
d. Public Storage
Basic principles of marksmanship; 3 hours Classroom/Range *
c. Sight Alignment
d. Sight Picture
e. Trigger Control
Care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a concealable firearm; 3 hours Classroom *
a. Gun identification: revolver, semi-
b. Ammunition identification and selection
c. Safety and cleaning protocols
d. Cleaning equipment e. Loading and unloading
* These Items are covered in the Pistol Basics Course.
Day 2: Illinois CCW
All applicable State and Federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm; 4 hours Classroom
a. The Act in its entirety, with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/10(h) which includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception.
The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. Seq.
Relevant portions of the ILCS including but not limited to
1) 720 ILCS 5/7-
2) 720 ILCS 5/7-
3) 720 ILCS 5/7-
4) 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful Use of Weapons**
** Must define dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to the ILCS.
5. Firearm Handling; 4 hours.
a. Dry fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
b. Dry fire practice drills from concealment
c. Live fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
d. Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-
$275 Plus Range Fees (16hours) (Includes Pistol Basics Course) Day 1&2
(Save $50 off this class with our coupon below)
Day 2 Only (8 hours) (Must have proof of Pistol Basics, NRA Basic Pistol or equivalent) $150.00 Plus Range Fees (Save $25 off this class with our coupon below)
Illinois Concealed Carry 16/8-
What are the qualifications for an Illinois Concealed Carry License?
The applicant must:
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a currently valid FOID card (if an Illinois resident)
• Is not prohibited under federal law from possessing or receiving a firearm
• Have not been convicted or found guilty in Illinois or any other state of:
• A misdemeanor involving the use or threat of physical force or violence to any person within the last 5 years
• 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds, or any combination thereof, within the last 5 years
• Not be the subject of a pending arrest warrant, prosecution, or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification
• Not have been in residential or court-
• Submit a completed Concealed Carry License application
• Successfully complete 16 hours of firearms training, including classroom and range instruction.